The INCDPM team participated at the course for EFISCEN software (https://www.efi.int/knowledge/models/efiscen), organized at the headquarters of the European Forestry Institute in Finland. In this section are presented design materials related to this activity.
EFISCEN training took place first week of November in EFI HQ. Hans Verkerk and Mart-Jan Schelhaas were doing the training. The aim was to provide a training on the use of the EFISCEN model to experts from Romania, working at the National Institute for R&D in Environmental Protection.
The training focused on:
1) general understanding of the EFISCEN model;
2) introduction to the parameterization of the model;
3) learning to define scenarios and conduct simulations;
4) understanding the model outputs;
5) introduction to additional tools related to the EFISCEN model.